Buy Back of gently used diapers
PLEASE NOTE: BUY BACKS OF GENTLY USED CLOTH DIAPERS HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL SOMETIME IN 2023.
As a service for our customers, we provide a limited amount of Buy Back of gently used diapers for store credit only. [You can donate diapers that can be used by another baby, but not in good enough shape for us to resell as Gently Used to The Cloth Option, a local non-profit, or, if the diapers are in worse condition than that, please consider fabric recycling.]
Please take a look at our Buy Back Guidelines before bringing your diapers for assessment.
At this time, we are currently accepting diapers of all sizes in excellent condition to restock our gently used section. All of our gently used diapers are washed and sanitized in our medical grade laundry facility using procedures just as we do for our diaper service. The diapers are completely sanitized.
In addition to the Buy Back Guidelines, our COVID-19 Buy Back process is as follows:
1) On a piece of paper, write your contact info and list each of the items you are including for buy back.
2) Please, please make sure that all diapers are CLEAN, mostly free of stains, absolutely no bugs or droppings (yes, people really do pull out diapers from the garage or attic and bring them to us like this), and are completely dry. All closures including velcro, snaps as well as elastic should be functioning. PUL should be free of rips or holes.
3) Drop off your items at the store (or ship them to us, you are responsible for all shipping costs) in a plastic, sealed bag with the list attached to the outside with tape or staples.
4) We will assess your diapers (after UV and ozone sanitizing and proper safety gear for our staff). This may take 1-2 business days.
5) We will contact you by phone or email to let you know what we can offer you in store credit. No cash is given for buybacks.
6) You are free to accept or decline the offer. If you accept, we will add the credit to your account and send you a code to use on our website or if shopping over the phone or in person, just let us know you have credit on your account. If you decline the offer, you must pick up your diapers within several business days since we do not have the extra space to store them. Any return shipping costs are your responsibility.
7) We encourage you to donate to The Cloth Option diapers that are not acceptable for buyback, or if they are in worse shape, please take them to fabric recycling rather than throw them away.